Pages

Challenge: It's all about punches (no, not that kind)

Sunday, April 25, 2021

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    The NC Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Blog Hop     challenge for April was to use a punch on our     card.  I used three on mine.  My card didn't make  the Hop because I didn't meet the submission     deadline.  It was just one of those days that day.
 
 
 
 
 
Supplies
✂ 5-1/2 x 8-1/2" Sahara Sand card stock plus scrap for label
✂ 5-3/8 x 4-1/8" Shaded Spruce card stock plus scrap for leaves
✂ 5-1/4 x 4" green checked paper from Pansy Petals DSP
✂ 1/2 x 5-1/2" Real Red card stock plus scraps for strawberries
✂ Garden Green card stock scraps for leaves and stems
✂ Old Olive card stock scraps for strawberry tops
✂ Basic White card stock scraps for strawberry blossoms
✂ Real Red, Garden Green, Old Olive, and Petal Pink Classic Stampin' Pads
✂ So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker 
✂ Sweet Strawberry Bundle
✂ Pansy Patch stamp set
✂ Label Me Fancy Punch
✂ Tree Builder Punch (retired)
✂ Project Life Corner Rounder Punch (retired)
✂ Bone folder
✂ Tear & Tape Adhesive
✂ Stampin' Dimensionals
✂ Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
✂ Multipurpose Liquid Glue
✂ Xyron X150 Sticker Maker (Optional/Non SU! Item)
 
 
    Score the Sahara Sand card stock at 4-1/4" and fold on the score line.  II used the bone folder to make a crisp crease.  I rounded the corners on both the Shaded Spruce and green checked DSP with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch (Retired).  
 

    I applied Tear & Tape Adhesive to the back of  the Shaded Spruce and green checked layers.  Starting with the Shaded Spruce layer, I removed the protective layer of Tear & Tape Adhesive and adhered it to the front of card and repeated with the green checked layer adhering it to Shaded Spruce layer. 

    I then stamped the stem section images from the Pansy Patch Photopolymer Stamp Set (available May 04, 2021) in Garden Green ink on Garden Green card stock then fussy cut the image to my liking.  I stamped leaf images in Garden Green ink onto Garden Green card stock then punched out images using the Strawberry Builder Punch.  I needed 6 for my card.  I used the Tree Builder Punch to punch out tree trunks and shaped them to use as stems for the strawberries.

    Using Real Red ink, I stamped the seeded strawberry image from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set onto Real Red card stock.  I decided on 3 for my card.  I made sure to leave enough space between the stamped images for the other cuts from the punch.  I punched out the strawberries with the Strawberry Builder Punch.

    Using the strawberry top image from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set, I stamped the image using Old Olive ink onto Old Olive card stock for as my 3 strawberries.  Again, I needed to be sure to leave enough space between the stamped images for the other cut outs from the punch.  I punched out the strawberry tops with the Strawberry Builder Punch.

    I stamped the small flower outline image in Petal Pink ink onto Basic White card stock, again, being sure to leave enough space between for the other images on the punch.  I punched them out using the Strawberry Builder Punch then colored the centers with the So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker.

    Before applying any adhesive, I played around with the layout of the strawberry pieces on the card front.  I chose to keep my scene to the lower 2/3 of the card front.
 
    I used the Xyron 150 Sticker Maker to make my stem pieces and 2 of my flowers into stickers.  (You could also apply a thin layer of Multipurpose Liquid Glue with a sponge instead.)  I used the Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the remaining pieces except 3 of the flowers.  I built my scene piece by piece and layer by layer.  I then decided to use Mini Stampin' Dimensionals on the 3 remaining flowers and bent the petals for an added dimensional effect.
 
    I punched a label from the leftover Sahara Sand card stock using the Label Me Fancy Punch.  I marked the back of the label about 3 mm in from the same edge in pencil so the slit would be relatively lined up.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Pansy Patch Photopolymer stamp set in Real Red ink.  I cut a 1/2 x 5-1/2" strip of Real Red card stock to use as a ribbon.  I slipped this "ribbon" behind the label, attached a Stampin' Dimensional to each end, then adhered the greeting unit near the top of my card.

    I also chose to stamp a verse in Real Red ink from the Pansy Patch stamp set to the inside of my card.
 While this card was bit fussy with all the little pieces, I was quite pleased with the final product.  Of course, my daughter, Grace, was a big help in deciding the number of pieces to use and their layout.  I really enjoy when she works on a project with me and value her artistic opinion.
 
    I hope you enjoy the card and venture to make one of your own.  I can see so many uses for a card like this.  I can see where this would be a fun invitation to a summer barbecue.  
 
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS